Scuba Diving in Dominica
Within minutes from shore the young volcanic sea walls of Dominica plunge dramatically, half a kilometer deep, creating stunning seascapes and a vibrant marine life habitat. Here you’ll find some of the most colorful and healthiest reef systems in the Caribbean. With hot-water fumaroles and volcanic pinnacles swarming with schools of fish, you’ll know you’ve discovered something unique. Explore 16 dive sites in the Soufriere Scott’s Head Marine Reserve and some of them – according to experienced divers – are among the top sites in the entire Caribbean! All 16 dive sites are less than 15 boat minutes from the dive shop.
Jungle Bay Dive Package
$75 US dollars per person per 2-tank dive
This package entitles guests on the signature inclusive Jungle Wellness Adventure Package to a reduced rate of 75 US dollars per 2 tank dive (full rate is 104 US dollars).
In exchange for participating in our scheduled activities that day, certified divers can sign up direct with us for a 2 tank dive with our dive partner Nature Island Dive in Soufrière and take advantage of the reduced dive rate.
What is included
- A 2-tank dive for each person
- Your Soufriere Scotts Head Marine Reserve (SSMR) User Fees
- Transfers to and from dive operator
What is NOT included
- Rental of diving gear (available for $20 US per day)
For certified scuba divers ONLY. You must bring your certification card to the dive shop.
NOTE: There is no VAT tax on diving in Dominica.
In the Press
- Dominica’s Champagne Reef rated #1 by Huffington Post – 7 Stunning Beaches That will Make You Want To Travel To The Caribbean, 2017.
- Soufriere/Scott’s Head Marine Reserve was chosen as 1 of 10 Top Snorkel Parks in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine!
Dominica has won Readers’ Choice Awards from Scuba Diving Magazine for several years running and has been highly recognized by other publications:
- Dominica wins First Prize in Macro Life as well as 4 other top 10 ratings for 2008!
- Dominica is rated #2 Destination Overall in the Caribbean/Atlantic for 2007!
- Dominica is rated #1 for Healthiest Marine Environment and #3 for Top Dive Destination in 2007!
Protected Marine Reserves – Fantastic Diving – Unspoiled Reefs
See rare seahorses and flying Gurnards; drift along with large yellowtail snappers, cero, barracuda and schools of horse eye jacks. Other sea creatures commonly seen in Dominica include Scorpion fish, red banded lobsters, Banded coral shrimps and Sea Turtles. Sponges and crinoids thrive in our waters, creating an underwater rainbow of colour seldom seen at the better known Caribbean dive destinations.